Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New Year is Now Year!

Credits to Flickr.
How many of you have New Year's resolution? I bet majority of you would raise hands. How was it compared last year? Were you able to change it huge? Or are you still diving in the pool of hope asking for some miracles to have it granted this year? Haha. Well, don't fret. You still have 11 and a half months to achieve it. Still a plenty of time to create changes and make it count.

I, myself, is a big fan of New Year's resolution. Without fail, I set every year as a time for me to resolve and do something new and different with my life. Something unusual. Something huge. Something transformative. But it seems like I'm far away from the finish line to fully achieve those changes I am eye-ing to grab. Last year, I told myself to eat more, gain weight, hit the gym if I can, and get a job. But I saw myself hanging in the verge of just fooling myself. I always eat late, I mostly opt to eat chips than a full meal for my breakfast, lunch and dinner. And yes I get to exercise, but it only happens once a week with the help of a 4 lbs. dumbbells. Funny, I know. Haha. But realizing all of these, 2014 opened my eyes to create and invent something worthy and made me live in the idea that this year is the very right time to turn NEW into NOW.

"NEW" generally means that something is freshly made. "NOW" on the other hand, tells us that it is made and this is it. You see the difference? Amazing isn't it. I always believe that changing 'new' into 'now' is a powerful concept of change beyond thinking and realization. For example, instead of saying "I need a new job" why not say "I need a now job!" A NEW job remains as an idea that you wanted a new work but a NOW job already claims that you're already on your way on achieving it.

Changing your NEW Year's resolution into a NOW Year's resolution will really give you that determination  in flying your way to the top and to capture the best moments of your life. It's like joining a contest where the only opponent you need to beat is your old self. You become NEW in doing the NOW thing. And it isn't that hard to redeem yourself from the failed promises you sent in last year. NOW is a powerful concept. It refers to what is existing, to what is real, and to what is true. We are all NOW. We got NOW. We can only manage NOW. The past, it's too late. The future, we're still uncertain. For you to create the NEW you, NOW is the right time. And if we put our minds to it, we can make anything happen. I hope you get the picture.

This year and even in the following years, I swear that I will always live my life turning NEW into NOW. Because New can only mean of a kind or quality of something. But NOW, always means NOW! And in this tradition, I get to celebrate always and say 'Happy Now Year'

Oh, by the way, Today I made a list of the things that I need to fulfill and get for myself. I named it as my TA-DA! list instead of TO-DO list. because I just realized that for once you finished and complete all the tasks, it's like magic. All is done. TA-DA! =]

Let's go be magical. Now is going to be different from yesterday!

Living in the moment,
-Jaff

No comments:

Post a Comment